Monday, September 19, 2016

Blue and White Challenge Quilt

We had a blue and white quilt challenge in my small quilt groups. Of course, I couldn't even think of not making something (blue is my favorite color).


Here's what inspired me: Some of you may remember my encounter with a mysterious coffee cups quilt awhile ago.  You can read about it here.  

Shortly after I wrote that post,  the mystery was solved.  I knew that a blue coffee cups quilt was in my future. This challenge was the perfect opportunity to achieve my goal.



I have to smile every time I look at it so it will surely end up hanging in my kitchen while I make my morning coffee, to perk me up. There will be a pattern available on my website soon so you can make your own. In YOUR favorite color.



Thanks to all of you who participated in this sweet little challenge! It was a joy to see the gorgeous quilts you made. Looking for quilting fun and inspiration? Join my group.

11 comments:

Jennifer M said...

Kathy it was so much fun! Your little Coffee Cups quilt is adorable:) Hope you have a fantastic week:)

marian said...

Kathy, i so enjoyed the B&W quilt challenge.. thanks to Sue for suggesting it!!
I remember that coffee cup quilt and how much you loved it.. i just knew it would be the inspiration for a small quilt.
Happy Birthday wishes coming your way for tomorrow ❤❤

Colleen said...

I loved seeing all the B&W little quilts that everyone made. I'm looking forward to the coffee cup pattern....sew cute :)

Ariane said...

This little coffee cup quilt is adorable!!

OffOnAWhim said...

So sweet! Love it!

liz said...

Like the small quilt, very much. Hope you had a great B-day.

Rosa said...

So cute!

Ann in PA said...

Kathy, Your little coffee cup quilt, in blue of course, is adorable! It was fun making a little Blue & White quilt. Loved looking at the B & W parade of quilts from all those talented quilters in the group.

Brook and River Schools said...

Dear Tracy,
I discovered you while looking at Civil War dresses. I am a living history educator, an avid quilter and a seamstress. I read your post on needles and have this comment. Betweens are sooo small because they work with the rocking stitch used by old quilters. Although I mastered this stitch I don't love it and I use a longer "sharp" because it works better for me. Love your blog and love quilting! Edyne from Brook and River Schools.

Unknown said...

Love the book! Happy Birthday!
mburnette912@bellsouth.net

Beth said...

Kathy, I was so happy to hear you will make available a pattern for your adorable coffee cups quilt! I have a quilter friend who collects tea cups, this will be a perfect gift for her!

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails