Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Isn't This the Cutest Little Thing?

I opened my mail yesterday and, oh my! Isn't this the cutest little thing you've ever seen? Karan from Iowa sent it to me to cheer me up. I will be traveling to Iowa in November for a lecture/workshop and will get to meet her in person to thank her properly!


And my wonderful, thoughtful, husband never fails to come through for me too. One of his clients is Kraft Foods, which owns Oscar Mayer.


Yes, people, he brought me home an Oscar Mayer Weiner Whistle! When was the last time you saw one of these? I had one when I was 10 and over the last 40-odd years, it somehow got lost, can't imagine. Thank goodness now I finally have a replacement and I can whistle the song. That will thrill the dogs . . . Thanks a bunch, Honey! I remember seeing the Weinermobile cruising through our neighborhood in the '60s. Reconnect with your childhood and buy one of your own here on eBay  (Chicken not included). You're welcome.


I know it's sort of late notice, but I also wanted to let you know that I am getting back into the swing of things a little by presenting a lecture to the Itasca Quilters Guild in Itasca, Illinois, tomorrow, Wednesday, Oct 20. If I had gotten my act together I would have announced it a little sooner in case any of you wanted to stop by. If you find you are in the area, stop by the Itasca library or e-mail me for more info. Consider stopping by even if you're not really in the area. Listen to this - last year a fan from Minnesota drove the 9 hours to come to the Chicago area to see me and my quilts and when the lecture was over, promptly turned around and drove back. Now that's a FAN, LOL. Hope I didn't disapppoint.

Nervously waiting to be introduced . . .


Hmmm, they don't look so scary . . . Everybody looks alert, nobody's sleeping yet,  so far so good.

Yes, I make BIG quilts too!

Tomorrow's lecture was scheduled over a year ago and the doctor said it was ok to do it if my husband drove and I made a point of sitting for part of the presentation and did not stand the whole time. So if you don't see me at first, look up front for someone sitting on a pillow, waving a microphone around with head to the floor, looking for her notes that likely dropped on the floor. Wringing my hands too, because I get really nervous speaking in public. I'm much more comfortable talking to fans one by one after the "show."

The lecture/workshop in Cedar Falls, Iowa, will be on November 15. Let's hope the Midwest doesn't get an early snow. I'll be looking for some of you!


3 comments:

Heartsdesire said...

Wish I lived closer to you. I would love to attend your lecture, but I live in Victoria, BC, on Vancouver Island. I can't even drive there in time. Your weiner whistle and chicken are very cute. However, the plate is what interests me the most. I love floral china and have been collecting for quite a few years.

Connie204 said...

I think Itasca is around an hours drive for me, wish I would have known sooner. Not your fault. Love the little chicken and oh my gosh a winnie whistle. Good luck on your lecture. Connie204

marian said...

i was there in spirit Kathy, i'm sure everyone who went loved it! btw i hope you're chilling today :) x

.

Related Posts with Thumbnails